The pen is easy to make and would suit beginners to pen turning.
Recommended blank size: 20mm X 20mm x 140mm
Skill Level: Beginners
Tools required for turning this pen:
• Turing chisel i.e. Robert Sorby
• Wood Lathe i.e. JET or NOVA
• Pen Mandrel MT1 OR MT2 – Depending on which fits your lathe
• Mandrel saver – Saves your pen mandrel from bending and saves your live centre from damaging point.
• Sierra Pen Kit
• 7mm drill bit
• 6.18mm Barrel trimmer
• Pen vice and pen assembly press (Optional)
• Epoxy glue – to glue barrel to blank
• Cyanoacrylate glue – SQ to hold burl wood blank together and MQ to finish pen (Optional)
• Sandpaper i.e. Klingspor Dry paper